Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Curious

"Come, let us return to the LORD.
He has torn us to pieces
but he will heal us;
he has injured us
but he will bind up our wounds.
After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will restore us,
that we may live in his presence.

Let us acknowledge the LORD;
let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises,
he will appear;
he will come to us like the winter rains,
like the spring rains that water the earth."

~Hosea 6:1-3

This passage of Scripture has always intrigued me. At first, it was mostly because I didn't understand it. I didn't get why God would injure, break or hurt us just to fix it. It didn't fit my image of a 'loving' God.

Over the past months, seeing God working in my own life, I see that He has to break me if I truly want to become more like Him. If I've built up this life that isn't pleasing to Him, full of things that aren't of Him, He has to chip away at that and then begin rebuilding me. It hurts now, but unless the Lord's will is at the heart of me, He can't make me into what I need to be.

And that's my thought for today. :o)

No comments: