Sunday, November 15, 2009

Of David Crowder and God's Love

So...I've been on a bit of a David Crowder kick lately. It's refreshing to come back to music I haven't listened to in awhile. :o)

This week I have been so burdened with the enormous weight of how many people do not know the Lord. I notice that when I'm the most stressed/busy/overwhelmed/etc. I have a stronger sensitivity to those people out there that are just as stressed/busy/overwhelmed/etc. who don't have the Lord to lift them up and carry them through.

It's also when I feel that urging from the Spirit that I want my light to shine brightest. Complainers are a dime a dozen, but isn't it always the people who handle the difficult times with integrity, calmness and hope that we remember most?

Oh Jesus, I want to be set apart for Your glory. Show me how I can best affect those around me. There are millions of people who desperately need Your saving grace, hope, joy, and peace. God, help me to demonstrate to others what true Life is. I don't want to look like the world...I want to look like You.



"Are we left here on our own?
Can you feel when your last breath is gone?
Night is weighing heavy now
Be quiet and wait for a voice that will say

Come awake, from sleep arise
You were dead, become alive
Wake up, wake up, open your eyes
Climb from your grave into the light
Bring us back to life
You are not the only one who feels like the only one

Night soon will be lifted, friend
Just be quiet and wait for a voice that will say
Rise, rise, to life, to life

Shine
Light will shine
Love will rise
Light will shine, shine, shine, shine
He’s shining on us now"

~Come Awake by the David Crowder Band

No comments: