Monday, September 29, 2008

Revelations

Do you ever say something and as you're saying it you realize that God is giving you a revelation while you're speaking? That you would never have gotten the point He's trying to make to you if you hadn't said it out loud, even though you didn't know it beforehand?

Yes, I know this sounds weird, therefore I shall explain what I mean through an example of exactly what I'm talking about.

Tonight at Bible study we were talking about a variety of things so I don't really remember how we got onto the topic, but somehow we got to the topic of relationships and how we love God. I said something about how our relationships show us more about God and how to love God in new and different ways.

As far as that goes, I understood that, but God made it real to me tonight and revealed a deeper understanding of His purpose for having relationships with people in the first place. I said something like about how I know how to love God in certain ways because I am a daughter, sister, friend, and mentor, but that there are more ways and deeper ways to love God that I don't even know about yet because there are certain relationships that I don't have yet, such as that of being a wife and a mother and a grandmother. In turn, there are ways that I don't understand about the way God loves me back because I don't have these types of relationships yet.

And the more I talked about it, the more God revealed to me how I need to view these relationships. Not just something for myself, but yet another way to love God and another level that He loves me. I can't even fathom the fullness of His love simply because He is God and I am not, but I don't grasp even a fraction of what I am to understand in this life simply because I'm not there yet.

I can't wait to get married and see the new ways that God is revealed to me through my husband, the deepness of love that I will be able to understand of God when I enter into that covenant. And through realizing that tonight, it's helping me to appreciate that time of waiting that I am in right now. I've been doing pretty good for awhile now, but every once in awhile I begin getting impatient. Realizing that this future relationship is going to define yet another aspect of God's love for me that I will never understand until I enter into it, helps me to rest in what I understand it to be in the here and now. Regardless of the relationships I make and whatever form I understand God's love, He is always faithful to me. All glory to God, my friends, all glory to God. :o)

No comments: